Owning a business requires a vision balanced with attention to detail. You need to be a generalist who understands the multiple aspects of running a business, as well as the ability to step back and see the big picture and to reach into the future. The business environment is a complex place to be. Whether you wish to work as a consultant or freelancer, establish a corporation, or set up an operation that meets a need for very particular type of customer, there is a tremendous amount of information that you need to know and to apply. This three-day course provides essential learning for new business owners, whether the business is just in the idea stage or you have already begun and need to fill in the gaps.
What will your students learn?
- How to apply the best methods for creating, leading, and managing their own business
- Ways to establish an organizational framework through operations, finance, and leadership
- Techniques for setting up an effective and efficient system for hiring, retaining, and succession planning
- How to start researching and designing a strategic plan
- How to describe the essential elements of marketing, sales, and their company brand
- How to apply financial and accounting terms correctly
Essential topics covered
- Who are you and what are you about?
- Designing your organizational structure
- Introduction to operations management
- Understanding financial terms and budgeting
- Getting the right people in place
- Getting your product together
- Building a corporate brand
- Marketing and selling your product
- Planning for the future (including succession planning, goal setting, and strategic planning)
- Ethics 101 and leadership essentials
- Building a strong customer care team
- Training employees for success
What’s included in the bundle
- Instructor Guide: Contains all textbook information plus icebreakers, activities, delivery tips, and more!
- Student Manual: Contains textbook information as well as areas to take notes. Each manual also includes an evaluation form, action plan, and recommended reading list.
- Handouts: Contains pre and post-class answer keys as well as any additional information or activity resources.
- PowerPoint Slides: PowerPoint presentation highlighting talking points in the course.
- Quick Reference Guide: Two-page cheat sheet of tips and facts covered in the course.