When we talk about influence and persuasion, we often talk about marketing and sales. However, we influence in many ways and with great frequency. If you want a raise, sometimes you need to persuade your boss. If you want to convince your team to adopt a change, help your staff make choices, or choose the best place for lunch, there is often influencing taking place.
What will your students learn?
- Make decisions about using persuasion versus manipulation
- Apply the concepts of pushing and pulling when influencing others
- Describe different techniques for getting persuasive conversations and presentations underway
- Make a persuasive presentation by using the 5 S’s
- Apply storytelling techniques to extend the influence
- Leverage concepts of neuro-linguistic programming in everyday influence and persuasion
Essential topics covered
- Understanding persuasion
- Preparing to persuade
- Getting off on the right foot
- Presentation strategies
- Using stories to persuade
- Using neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) techniques
What’s included in the bundle
- Instructor Guide: Contains all textbook information plus icebreakers, activities, delivery tips, and more!
- Student Manual: Contains textbook information as well as areas to take notes. Each manual also includes an evaluation form, action plan, and recommended reading list.
- Handouts: Contains pre and post-class answer keys as well as any additional information or activity resources.
- PowerPoint Slides: PowerPoint presentation highlighting talking points in the course.
- Quick Reference Guide: Two-page cheat sheet of tips and facts covered in the course.